Creative Healing, LLC: Opening the Heart of Western Medicine by Karen Wyatt
My guest Barbara Karnes RN is a pioneer of the hospice movement who has been traveling the country since 1994 speaking about end-of-life issues. Her documentary film New Rules for End of Life Care has garnered numerous awards and sparked conversations all around the world about the normal and natural process of dying. She is also the author of "the little blue book" Gone From My Sight, which has been in print continuously since 1985 and has been utilized by hospices throughout the country for educating patients and families.
In this interview you will learn:
- What inspired Barbara to write Gone From My Sight
- Barbara's "New Rules" for end of life care and why we need them now
- What Barbara finds discouraging and encouraging about the current state of end of life care
- Barbara's advice for hospice workers
- How to avoid burnout and compassion fatigue
Related Product is New Rules For End of Life Care.