Care for the Caregiver DVD Kit
This product is currently sold out.
End of life caregiving professionals face unique challenges. We must keep ourselves balanced and healthy amid constant sadness. We must create a fulfilling work environment. And we must maintain a happy, engaged, personal life. In her award winning film, hospice pioneer Barbara Karnes, RN offers insights to help overcome these challenges and avoid burnout.
Intended for anyone who is immersed in the responsibilities of supporting, educating, and guiding a person and their family through the dying experience.
- social workers
- nurse’s aides
- end of life doulas
- Eleventh Hour volunteers
DVD: Care For The Caregiver (28 minutes)
Suggestions for creating a fulfilling work environment, staying balanced and healthy amid constant sadness, and maintaining a happy, engaged personal life.
BOOKLET: You Need Care Too
Guidance and ideas on the importance of self care for the end of life caregiving professional.
- 2017 COMMUNICATOR AWARDS DISTINCTION WIINER, Film / Video-Social Issues / Responsibility for Film / Video
- 2017 TELLY AWARDS SILVER WINNER, General-Health and Wellness for Non- Broadcast Productions
- 2017 NATIONAL MATURE MEDIA AWARDS WINNER, Healthcare:Education/ Training Programs
- 2017 NATIONAL HEALTH INFORMATION AWARDS SILVER WINNER, Nurses/Allied health Professionals
- 2017 INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL FOR ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND CULTURE (IFFEHC) International Award of Merit
- 2017 DOCS WITHOUT BORDERS FILM FESTIVAL, Official Selection
- 2017 AWARENESS FILM FESTIVAL: Merit Award of Awareness